Monday, October 20, 2014

Prayer is the Soul's Sincere Desire

Did you know there are eight beautiful verses to this song?  It's wonderful!  ....and my inspiration for the day:



I was reminded of this song today as a part of a book I'm reading called Face to Face.  It is a sweet book about prayer, but the author doesn't use the word prayer much in the book - instead he uses words like wrestle, pouring out our souls, being filled with desire, knocking to highlight that prayer is work and it's a relationship and such a blessing!  I feel like this song sums up many of the thoughts I had while reading today.  :)

I also happened to be reading two of my favorite chapters in the Book of Mormon today - 3 Nephi 18-19.  They talk about these very subjects, as Jesus teaches the Nephites to pray and they pray for that which they desired most - the Holy Ghost.  These are such sweet and special moments and there is much we can learn from their examples and humility and focus.

No comments: