I'm reading a neat book lately, Change Your Questions, Change Your Life. We'd teach as missionaries and at the MTC that questions are a key to teaching and learning, but this book is helping me see and remember the importance of good questions and how in fact they can change us.
While thinking about some of the examples from the book, I ran into someone yesterday afternoon who obviously knows these principles well. His question to me (in the two minutes we were together) was "where is home?" I thought about that question for the rest of the evening and it kept teaching me. :)
He could have asked "where do you live?" and I wouldn't have thought about the question again, but I love the question "where is home?" What would your answer be, if you had more than two minutes to explain the answer to someone?
I thought about heaven, I thought about family, I thought about Hawaii, I thought about St. George, I thought about Korea, I thought about Salt Lake City, I thought about the fact that I've been searching for a home for a long time! :)
Ultimately this question turns my heart to heaven. Tonight (while cheering on the Cougars) I'm going to prepare some questions that will hopefully help me learn what I need to tomorrow at General Conference and bring me closer to home. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment