I love something that he said just a couple of years ago, “I don’t think I’ve ever had a bad day because I’ve learned something from every experience I have had. I’ve never had a day that I didn’t feel like getting out of bed and having an opportunity to accomplish something.” In learning more about his life, he definitely had trials, but he chose to make a positive difference everyday and he blessed many in large and small ways.
For example, after his first wife and daughter died he said, "The Lord is very kind. Even though some experiences are hard, He floods your mind with memories and gives you other opportunities. Life doesn’t end just because you have a tragedy—there’s a new mountain to climb. Don’t spend a lot of time sulking over what you’ve lost. Get on with climbing the next mountain.” I love that and his wonderful example of going forward, and always with great joy.
I love these tributes to him:
- 9 lessons from Elder Perry
- Remembering Elder L. Tom Perry
- 5 heart-warming stories about Elder Perry shared at his memorial
- President Monson, other LDS leaders and family honor Elder L. Tom Perry at funeral
- Elder L. Tom Perry's funeral service
- Senator Mike Lee - Elder L. Tom Perry - booming through the world
- People share memories of L. Tom Perry
...and some of his final words of counsel to us:
A few things that I will always remember and miss about Elder Perry:
- his cheery smile and warm greeting
- his special way of making everyone feel comfortable
- his consistent reminder and personal example of hard work and complete dedication (including a quick jog to be right where he was needed)
- his confident booming voice and testimony wherever he went
- his constant smile and love for everyone
- his integrity and dedication to the Lord and His truths
No comments:
Post a Comment