Sunday, June 14, 2015

Satan is bound by faithful disciples of Christ

Have I mentioned that I love teaching Gospel Principles?  I don't think there is a better calling in the Church!  :)  This week I loved learning and studying and thinking about the Millennium.  While preparing I was inspired to think again about a song that I love - Let Zion in Her Beauty Rise.  I have always thought of it as a missionary song (and I still think of a Polish friend from years ago that loved to highlight the line about spreading the news from Pole to Pole) :) but this week it taught me much about the Millennium and that's actually exactly what it's about!!



This song was written by Edward Partridge and included in the original hymnbook with a few extra verses.  I love the scripture referenced in this song in Moses where Enoch is given a vision of this glorious time of gathering and peace and righteousness - Moses 7:62-65.

But, my biggest take away from this lesson was found in 1 Nephi 22:26 where Nephi teaches us, "And because of the righteousness of his people, Satan has no power; wherefore, he cannot be loosed for the space of many years; for he hath no power over the hearts of the people, for they dwell in righteousness, and the Holy One of Israel reigneth."

I LOVE THIS and I believe it is a call to action TODAY and NOW!  :)  <3

“How, then, will Satan be bound during the Millennium?” asked Elder Bruce R. McConkie. “It will be by the righteousness of the people. … It is not that men cannot sin, for the power is in them to do so—they have their agency—but it is that they do not sin because Satan is subject to them, and they are not enticed by his evil whisperings.”

What are we doing today to prepare for the Millennium?  Are we working to bind Satan in our own lives?  Are we being faithful disciples of Christ who have "no more disposition to do evil, but to do good continually" (see Mosiah 5:2)?  That is peace and that's the plan!

No comments: