Friday, March 18, 2016

I'm Trying to Be Like Jesus

I have listened to this beautiful medley at least 50 times today - I'm Trying to Be Like Jesus / Tell Me the Stories of Jesus sung by Rebecca Mohler.  BEAUTIFUL!!...and kind of what it's ALL ABOUT!  :)

On what I feel is a related note, these few verses in Jacob jumped out at me in a new and powerful way today, helping me see more clearly what His plan is for us, what He wants for us, and how we can be more like Jesus now:

Jacob 3:1-2
"But behold, I, Jacob, would speak unto you that are pure in heart.  Look unto God with firmness of mind, and pray unto him with exceeding faith, and he will console you in your afflictions, and he will plead your cause, and send down justice upon those who seek your destruction.
"O all ye that are pure in heart, lift up your heads and receive the pleasing word of God, and feast upon his love; for ye may, if your minds are firm, forever."

To me this scripture is saying:
1. Most importantly, we must have pure hearts, intentions, desires!  Be genuine, real, want what He wants!
2. We need to look to God steadfastly, always, without doubt, focusing our attention and thoughts on Him.
3. We also need to pray with faith and lift up our heads and receive His words for us.

When we do these things we can and will be able to feast upon His love FOREVER.  He wants to bless us with His love, always, and this is how it will come and how we will enjoy it CONSTANTLY.  What an incredible blessing and what a clear path!  Even just the idea of this direction makes me happy.  What a loving Father who only wants the best for us, His children.

So, I think the next question for me is how can I purify my heart?  What do I need to do today to make my heart pure and my mind firm?

No comments: