Friday, March 11, 2016

Hope

I shared some similar thoughts (more eloquently) a year ago, but tonight I was again filled with HOPE while listening to the same music about the Savior and His life and love.  Hope did not die when He was killed, but that's where it was ultimately and eternally given to each of us.  

I have always loved the LDS Bible Dictionary's explanation of Resurrection, particularly this ending:
"To obtain a resurrection with a celestial, exalted body is the center point of hope in the gospel of Jesus Christ. The Resurrection of Jesus is the most glorious of all messages to mankind."  I was reminded of these words while listening to the cymbals crash with great joy!....and listening to the words of John 11:25-26 in the beautiful song, I Am the Resurrection:
I am the Resurrection and the Life.He that believeth in me, though he were dead,Yet shall he live.And whosever liveth and believeth in me shall never die!
These words particularly touched me and helped me realize that if we believe in Him and rely on Him and trust in Him we truly will NEVER die spiritually ever!!  He is hope.  He is life!!

But for those moments when we wonder how it's going to work out, Thomas sings.....
Sometime We'll Understand
Not now, but in coming years,
It may not be when we demand
We'll read the meaning of our tears,
And there, sometime, we'll understand

Why what we long for most of all
Eludes our open pleading hand
Why ever silence meets our call,
Somewhere, sometime, we'll understand
So trust in God through all thy days
Fear not, for he doth hold thy hand;
Though dark thy way, still sing and praise,
Sometime, sometime we'll understand.

Sometime, we'll fall on bended knee
And feel there, graven on his hand
Sometime with tear-less eyes we'll see
What here, we could not understand
So trust in God through all the days;
Fear not, for he doth hold thy hand;
Though dark thy way, still sing and praise,
Sometime, sometime we'll understand

No comments: