Saturday, July 4, 2009

Let Freedom Ring!!! :)

I am soooo grateful for the blessings I enjoy in this free country. I have always LOVED the 4th of July, but it was especially neat to be here in Washington DC to celebrate. Here are some pictures and videos of the festivities...(in backwards order) walking home with the world (it seemed like) from the Mall after the fireworks, fireworks at the Mall, parts of the parade on Constitution Avenue, reading of the Declaration of Independence at the Archives, concert at the Capitol, and some pictures of some landmarks on the holiday, including one of my new favorite spots--a memorial to the signers of the Declaration of Independence in the Constitution Gardens near the Lincoln Memorial. Let Freedom Ring! :)




1 comment:

Kathryn said...

thanks heath, that was cool. i almost feel like i was there. definitely a 4th to remember :)