- I met up with all my fellow MPA friends at the GAO for lunch one day.

- I went to institute at the Barlow Center.
- I ran around the monuments.
- I went to the main exhibit at the Holocaust Museum.
- I went to the top of the Washington Monument.



- I explored Georgetown.



Some fun unpictured events included a huge federal job career fair, teaching a lesson with the sister missionaries (so cool!...highlight!!), and attended an 8-stake institute luau near Mount Vernon. I am enjoying reading "Never Eat Alone" so that I can learn how to network and build relationships better, and "Team of Rivals" to learn about Abraham Lincoln's life and leadership and experiences here in DC. I am also in the middle of Alma. I love the example of Ammon and his brothers and their zeal for missionary work. I want to have more of that joy and focus in my life the next few weeks.
- I walked around the USDA Farmer's Market.
- I found the American Idol exhibit in the Smithsonian.
- I watched Chinese meditation on the Mall.
- I walked by the Supreme Court the week of the famous hearings for Sotomayor.
- My roommate gave me a tour of the Capitol.
These are the steps President Obama would have walked down for the inauguration.
This floor is original.
These pillars survived the fire of 1812.
Here is the cornerstone George Washington laid.
E pluribus unum--Out of Many, ONE! :) (There is an AMAZING video in the Capitol Visitor Center with this message as the theme that explains our mission and goals in the U.S. NEAT!)
- I went to the top of the Washington Monument.
Can you see the red flashing light. I'm right next to it. That's what you see from far away blinking. :)
You can see the temple in the distance to the left. :)
Up 500 floors! :)
Some of the special stones inside the monument you can see as you come down the elevator.
- I explored Georgetown.
Some fun unpictured events included a huge federal job career fair, teaching a lesson with the sister missionaries (so cool!...highlight!!), and attended an 8-stake institute luau near Mount Vernon. I am enjoying reading "Never Eat Alone" so that I can learn how to network and build relationships better, and "Team of Rivals" to learn about Abraham Lincoln's life and leadership and experiences here in DC. I am also in the middle of Alma. I love the example of Ammon and his brothers and their zeal for missionary work. I want to have more of that joy and focus in my life the next few weeks.
4 comments:
you haven't even been back a full and you did all of that!! AWESOME. you squeeze more out of life than anyone i know... (well maybe your dad too! that is where you got it from i'm sure) <3
what a crazy, busy, fun week! :) that's fun to teach with the sisters too!!
Ahhh!!! Which Smithsonian is the American Idol exhibit in? Have I been cheating myself all this time by not going to see it?
I am so glad you're doing EVERYTHING there is to do in D.C.! And don't you just love that it's all F.R.E.E.? Enjoy your last few weeks here.
It's just a small American Idol exhibit in the Castle...right near the entrance. (This picture is all that's to it.) I think it's new. It wasn't there a month ago when I walked through. It was kind of fun though. I do LOVE D.C.! It's wonderful! :) I think I might have to come back. :)
Post a Comment