I am so grateful for personal revelation. Even in the midst of a lot of uncertainty I have felt very blessed the last couple of weeks with clear guidance. :) I know the Lord lives and loves us! :)
I heard this quote at FHE tonight. It's from a talk by Elder Anthony Perkins in October 2006, The Great and Wonderful Love. Just what I needed. :)
"Place your burdens on Jesus Christ. When you feel overwhelmed by expectations and challenges, do not fight the battle alone. Follow the example of small children, and drop to your knees in prayer. [I immediately thought of my wonderful three-year-old niece who wouldn't stop singing "Follow the Prophet" for us last night. It was so sweet! It wasn't prayer, but another important gospel principle of trusting in the Lord's servants that she taught with gusto. It brought me peace and joy as I thought about it again today.]
Jesus Christ has commanded us, "Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not." Doubt, fear, and worry indicate we have taken all of life's burdens and anxieties on ourselves. When plagued by thoughts that you are inadequate, confidently say, "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." Then as you "cheerfully do all things that lie in [your] power," you can rest assured that the Lord will do the remainder and things will work out all right.
The Savior promised, "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." As you "cast [your] burden upon the Lord," you will feel the peace of the Spirit."
1 comment:
I love that part: "as you cheerfully do all things that lie in [your] power," you can rest assured that the Lord will do the remainder and things will work out all right."
add to that steph's quote: "everything will be ok in the end. if it's not ok, it's not the end!" :)
Love You! <3
Post a Comment