Monday, September 13, 2010

CHANGE

So, I have been reading about (Heart of Change), and thinking about, and experiencing (traveling across the world and country, moving away from family, graduating, starting a new job, meeting a lot of new people and trying to remember names, moving into a new ward and area and time of life, becoming a resident of a new state, meeting new roommates, and figuring out a whole new routine) a lot of CHANGE lately. :)

It was good to read some of my previous insights about change as I feel like I have experienced more and more of it....and I'm beginning to wonder how much is really good before there needs to be some kind of routine and stability in life. :) In the midst of all of the change I'm very glad that there are some absolutes and unchanging things in my life! :)

UNCHANGING:
- GOD and His plan of salvation and love for us individually. He is "the same yesterday, today, and forever" (2 Nephi 27:23) and He is "infinite and eternal, from everlasting to everlasting the same unchangeable God (D&C 20:17).
- Jesus Christ's love and Atonement.
- Guidance and comfort of the Holy Ghost available as we are obedient and faithful.
- Principles of the gospel of Jesus Christ: faith, repentance, hope, prayer, revelation, prophets, etc....
- Temples. :)
- My family and their constant love and support wherever they are. :)
- Prophets and General Conference.
- My testimony of the gospel....grows, but is immovable. :)

I have realized in the midst of all of this change it's very important to know who you are, what you stand for, and what you want to accomplish in life everyday. I'm in the process of revising my life goals right now, but here are some of my current ideas:
- See every person as someone I need to get to know! :)
- Change the world everyday by doing something that makes a difference to someone.
- Seek to know the Lord better every day.
- Have confidence in myself, or at least confidence the Lord can use me to do something for Him each day.
- Learn Chinese!!!
- Figure out what my dream job would be. :)

1 comment:

Sarah Larsen said...

Love this post! You are such a great example Heather.

Oh and I am happy you want to keep learning Chinese :)