Saturday, June 25, 2011

Roots and Wings

It has been a neat week of small memories. I ran into several people from my past--mission, elementary school, undergrad years. Each of these people reminded me of a different time and place in my life and that was really great! I had the chance to think of who I was at that time. :) It reminded me of some neat things I've done in the past and who I was/am. I think that sometimes we get so caught up in the day-to-day-ness of our lives that we can sometimes forget who we really are and want to be. :)

In some ways I miss who I used to be, but it's neat to think about how I've grown and changed as well. I'm grateful for good people in my life that have helped me learn and grow. I am grateful for memories of who I am and hope to be. I'm grateful for my roots and the people in my life that have made me who I am! :)

At the same time, I realize that life and the future is what we make it. We need to move on and use our wings. :) While thinking about these two important sides of remembering and learning from the past and moving on into the future, I also realize how important it is to live for today--don't miss opportunities right in front of you at the moment to learn, serve, teach, share, love. I think that will make for the best yesterdays and tomorrows. :)

No comments: