Sunday, September 4, 2011

Sunday!

I love Sunday and what a special Sunday! :) I'm an aunt again! I sure can't wait to meet little Noah Matthew. :) Two months from today! :)

Another couple of neat insights from the day:

* I love Fast Sundays. It's good to fast. I felt the blessings of the fast today....and much needed direction. I love when there are lulls in the meeting so you can really think about your testimony and love for the Lord. I had some great time to think and almost got up to share a few times my knowledge that God knows us and loves us and leads us. :)

* I love the New Testament. I love studying the words and teachings of Paul. What a neat missionary and leader. Here are a few of the my favorite verses from the week:
"God hat chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty (1 Cor. 1:27)."
"Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him (1 Cor. 2:9)."
"I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase (1 Cor. 3:6)....For we are laborers together with God (1 Cor. 3:9)."
"Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you (1 Cor. 3:16)?"
* I'm grateful for the reminders throughout the day of God's care and blessings:
"Verily I say unto you my friends, fear not, let your hearts be comforted; yea, rejoice evermore, and in everything give thanks; Waiting patiently on the Lord, for your prayers have entered into the ears of the Lord of Sabbath, and are recorded with this seal and testament... (D&C 98:1-2)."

"I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up (D&C 84:88)."
* I love the temple. It was nice to get to go twice this week and do different ordinances and learn and think more about what this life is really about....eternally. :) I've still been thinking about that some and the neat and wonderful and important work of family history in finding our ancestors and piecing the puzzle together of how we are all linked back to our Heavenly Father.

* I love the guidance I receive from the Lord.....about where to go, what to be learning and focusing on and following opportunities along the way. :)

No comments: