Where do you get your information? Who do you listen to? Who do you trust? What do you believe? Who do you let influence you? I think these are VERY important questions to consider for so many reasons and on so many subjects, especially today. Information is powerful and the world is full of more than enough information coming at us from every direction these days. It's easy to get distracted and trapped into believing everything someone else says. Are we listening to the right people? How do we know? Do we listen to both sides and try to judge for yourself? Do we step back and carefully consider what we're hearing before moving forward? :) With the ease of information sharing these days I fear that we don't think carefully enough anymore.
I also fear that some information is too biased (especially news media and particularly in politics). Why can't we be more honest, open and humble in our information sharing? We'd all be better off if we worked together and trusted each other and didn't have to second guess ourselves and the information we receive. I like to learn through experience and so I can be kind of skeptical sometimes. On the other hand, I have a lot of faith and a believing heart. I try to balance these to make the best decisions I can with the information I have.
I don't listen to the news much since I don't have a TV, but I read the news regularly from several different sources and like to think before I decide what I believe - I don't like to just take someone's word for it. I also like to talk to people I trust about their perspectives to better understand the information I hear. With all that being said.....and all the information out there I want to share a few important thoughts I've had lately....
Why I'm Voting for MITT ROMNEY!
- I believe in America! I love our country! I believe that we can work together.
- Romney's experience in business, creating jobs, managing budgets, and working with people to get things done is EXACTLY what we need to fix some of our biggest problems right now.
- He is a hard worker. He will work hard and encourage hard work in the country.
- He cares about people and humbly looks for ways to give and serve.
- He's a leader. He will be honest about hard things and bring people together to solve problems and get things done.
- He has a vision and plan for the future.
- He is a man of faith, integrity and service.
- He will defend freedom, family and faith.
- He will take responsibility for his actions and expect that of others.
- I trust him. I think he will do what he says he's going to do the best that he can.
- I think his desire to lead has less to do about him and more to do with helping others.
- He's smart and has valuable experience that can help many people.
- He will encourage innovation, ideas, choice, and opportunities to create our own destiny.
- I believe we can do better.....and we're each responsible to work to help to make a difference for good.
I'm grateful for the freedom we enjoy and the opportunity we have to vote. I understand that we each have a different perspective and opinions, but I hope we will each take the responsibility seriously to study out the information we have and make good choices.
No comments:
Post a Comment