Sunday, February 10, 2013

2013 - Happy New Year!

So, I'm a little bit behind on goals this year.....and REALLY need some!  :)  I've been looking for motivation and inspiration.  I'm taking Whitney Johnson's advice and spending some time dreaming....and trying to figure out what my objective is (or at least it sounds like a noble excuse that will help me get to better results, right?).  Or my other excuse is waiting for Chinese New Year and my bowl of duk gook before officially jumping into 2013.  :)  One last one - I needed to read Elder Oaks' book first and be reminded of the importance of making goals that don't depend on anyone else, but me.

So, trying my best to dream, but to make things happen that I can control, here are some of my plans for progression this year.....in no particular order....

  • Get actively involved in my personal family history work (Do temple work for 10 people and index at least 2000 names this year.)
  • Study the Doctrine and Covenants – learn how to build Zion.
  • Learn Chinese!
  • Read.
  • Redesign my blog - with a clearer focus.
  • Keep a journal regularly.
  • Run a marathon.
  • Use my passport!!!  :)
  • Go on a trip every month - some new adventure every month.
  • Dream....HOPE!  
  • Find my purpose, mission in life.
  • Choose happiness each day - see the joy in life and not the stress.
  • Find a consistent place to volunteer.
  • Create a real home and choose a career!
  • Go to bed by 11:00, with all the dishes done.
  • BE ME TODAY!
  • Live life purposefully each day - no comparisons, just love and hope.

No comments: