The past few days I've been stressed and a bit frustrated by the details of life - the administration of life, really. I've been bogged down by the way things work and run and it's driving me crazy! You'd think I could handle this better - after all, I do have a master's degree in public administration, so isn't that what I do? :) Haha. I feel like my life is 100% secretary these days and that gets old.
It seems like everywhere I turn (work, service) it's hard for me to see the big picture or joy because I'm caught up in the details of how to get something done. Getting things done is one of my talents (I think), but lately I've realized that without a clear link to purpose or goals it's just taxing. I want to get rid of the fogginess and eliminate distractions and some details of life that are keeping me from joy and purpose.
Focusing too much on administration makes me feel stuck and frustrated. My thoughts turned to Mary and Martha (see Luke 10:38-42). I don't want to be "troubled about many things" but "chose that good part."
No comments:
Post a Comment