Two things that make me really excited are (1) the gospel of Jesus Christ and (2) the world and all of its citizens. When you put those two things together, I can't think of anything much more exciting.....the growth of the church and gospel around the world to all of God's children! :)
Lately I've felt like these are exciting times! It's so neat to see the Lord's work moving forward....
LDS Church creates 58 missions in response to surge in missionary applications
Hastening the work
'Most wonderful time' for missionary service
Missionaries from Olympus Class of 2012
"Behold, and lo, I will take care of your flocks, and will raise up elders and send unto them. Behold, I will hasten my work in its time (D&C 88:72-73)."
"The truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly, and independent, till it has penetrated every continent, visited every clime, swept every country and sounded in every ear; till the purposes of God shall all be accomplished, and the great Jehovah shall say the world is done (Joseph Smith, 1842)."
Wilford Woodruff recalled a priesthood meeting in Kirtland, Ohio in April 1834, "The Prophet [Joseph Smith] called on all who held the Priesthood to gather into the little log school house they had there. It was a small house, perhaps 14 feet square. But it held the whole of the Priesthood of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints who were then in the town of Kirtland....When we got together the Prophet called upon the Elders of Israel with him to bear testimony of this work....When they got through the Prophet said, 'Brethren, I have been very much edified and instructed in your testimonies here tonight, but I want to say to you before the Lord, that you know no more concerning the destinies of this Church and kingdom than a babe upon its mother's lap. You don't comprehend it.' I was rather surprised. He said, 'It is only a little handful of Priesthood you see here tonight, but this Church will fill North and South America--it will fill the world.'"
While thinking about these marvelous promises and watching the hastening of the Lord's work in our day, I have also been impressed by the "line upon line" way that the work moves forward. It is not in haste, but with great care that the Lord builds His church and kingdom. He works as we are ready or He helps us get ready. He helps us learn...individually and collectively in the process. He loves us and will teach us and lead us. I see the importance of being prepared to follow Him without delay in order to hasten His work in His time. We must have patience and courage and complete faith.
No comments:
Post a Comment