Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Little Drummer Boy

Christmas for me this year has had a lot to do with music.  I love music, but especially Christmas music!  :)  I listen to it anytime of year, but it's wonderful when the whole world is celebrating together with me.  I have some favorite Pandora stations and even though I don't spend a lot of time in my car I love turning on the radio this time of year!

It seems to me that there is always a song that finds me each Christmas - it's the one on the radio each time I get in the car.  A few years ago it was "Last Christmas" (not a favorite).  Last year it was "Christmas Shoes" (a little bit better).  This year it's been "Little Drummer Boy" - every possible version.  It has a catchy tune and beat, but between all of the rum pum pums I guess I never sat and looked at the rest of the lyrics closely:

Come they told me
A new born King to see

Our finest gifts we bring
To lay before the King

So to honor Him
When we come

Little baby
I am a poor boy too
I have no gift to bring
That's fit to give our King

Shall I play for you
On my drum

Mary nodded
The ox and lamb kept time
I played my drum for Him
I played my best for Him

Then He smiled at me
Me and my drum


I love this message!  We all have something to give and are blessed with different talents.  The Lord loves us for our offering and He smiles at us.  :)

One other song that I never would have thought of as Christmas song, but that I heard in that context this year and I'm grateful - Together Forever Someday.

For some of my other favorite Christmas songs this year, follow me on instagram @heatheronthemoor - a line from a meaningful song from the day is included with a picture of the lights from Temple Square.  :)

No comments: