Today I was inspired by music and the important role it plays in my life and particularly as a way of worshiping God. Even though most religious music, particularly hymns, are often written with the intent that we use them to worship, I don't know that they are always sung and performed with that purpose in mind.
I know from personal experience that I have a more meaningful and worshipful experience when I prepare my heart and truly focus on the Lord and praising Him as I sing or play or listen. We can prepare for all of our Sunday meetings similarly. With prepared hearts and minds focused on coming to know Him and praise Him our hearts will be filled further and we will be lifted higher, individually and collectively. I think this is how we become as one - of one heart.
Music at church is much less about a perfect performance, but about a heart in the right place. The person talking about music today is someone very gifted in performance, but it was so sweet to be reminded of its purpose and how to prepare to be worshipful. It doesn't matter how you sound, but that you are there to praise God, singing with your whole heart! The words and music of so many songs are so inspired and can bring us nearer to Him and Him to us as we prepare.
I love music at this time of year. I might even love Thanksgiving songs the best - I feel like their purpose clearly is gratitude and praise and worship. Here are a few songs on my Thanksgiving list. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment