I learned early in my life about manufactured marathons. :) Thanks, Dad!
At the beginning of the year I signed up for a marathon. It's good to have a goal. It kept me going when I didn't want to run. The mild winter actually made it pretty good for training, but then all the snow came on race day in May. ;) So, I picked up my packet the night before and started almost as early, but ran my own race - instead of Ogden Canyon it was a half marathon loop around the upper Avenues of Salt Lake and City Creek Canyon and then another half marathon around the indoor Olympic Oval track in Kearns. I'd never been to the track before - it was actually a great alternative, but I'm very grateful for cheerleaders and another runner to helping me finish my 48 laps. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment