A few other helpful insights:
- Elder Christofferson Answers 4 Questions about Prayer
- The Art of Authentic Prayer
- Elder Bednar said: "I have found that the most spiritual part of prayer often comes when I say "amen” and I begin laboring on the thing about which I was praying. Meaningful prayer requires both holy communication and consecrated work. Blessings require some effort on our part before we can obtain them. After we say “amen,” we should press forward and persevere in the consecrated work of prayer by acting upon the things we have expressed to Heavenly Father. We have a responsibility to not merely ask—but to “ask in faith” (James 1:6)..... We should remember that most typically revelations are “conclusions” and not “explanations.” When we receive revelation for ourselves, we discover what God would have us do. He rarely provides a reason for why we should do what was revealed. Rather, He trusts us to be obedient to the revelation He has given us."
- I love this lesson from the Gospel Principles manual - Praying to our Heavenly Father - and all that I learned studying it (what is prayer; when, why, and how do we pray; and how are we answered). What a blessing to be able to speak with our Heavenly Father. He listens, He cares. We can receive answers, but we must work, ask, move! As we do what He directs we will be guided further. What a blessing!
No comments:
Post a Comment