I feel very guided, directed, and blessed in my life. It's so fun to look back and realize how the Lord loves us and has always led us along our way. :) I think it's often hard to see what His plan is or where we are going or what we are doing in the moment, but looking back I can see that the Lord has definitely been leading me. I am very grateful for each of these experiences. They have been exactly what I needed at the time and exactly what I needed to prepare me for the next step in life that I didn't even know of yet:
- having wonderful parents and siblings and relatives
- growing up with a knowledge of the restored gospel in my life
- growing up in Hawaii (wonderful people, culture, opportunities)
- going to BYU to study geography (after thinking about accounting)
- making new friends in Provo (from Jordan to Washington)
- going on a mission to Korea
- having two years to come back to school and learn and meet great friends
- having the opportunity to teach at the MTC and strength myself and others
- having my family move back to Utah (made me decide to go to grad school)
- finding a job I enjoyed instead of finishing grad school the first time
- having new experiences working with good people at the COB for a few years
- having wonderful opportunities to travel (East Coast, Europe, Japan, Korea)
- enjoying new experiences and friends in Salt Lake (wards, institute, work, etc.)
- riding TRAX and having the chance to read and learn a lot
- being inspired to go back to school and finding the perfect program
- enjoying two wonderful years at the BYU MPA program (neat friends, professors, classes, opportunities)
- having unique chances as a graduate student to travel (Africa, China), serve, learn, and grow (in personal goals, with friends, at church, in relationships, in classes, working with several nonprofit organizations, etc.).
- feeling strongly the need to live in DC for an internship last summer
- getting to explore DC last summer while working at the GAO
- getting to explore China (I think this is and will be a part of my life for a while)
- getting the exact job I would have told you I wanted back in Oct. 2008 even though I was looking for something else somewhere else
- moving back to DC to start all over again :) with new opportunities, friends, etc.
I have no idea what's next, but I'm excited and I feel guided, directed, and loved. :) I know that Heavenly Father has a plan for me and each of us. <3
3 comments:
lots of blessings. and tender mercies. with more adventures and blessings to come. <3
It will be fun to see where things go from here. Thanks for sharing.
I loved your ponderings. You are a very insightful young woman and I send my love to you. Grandma VERDA
Post a Comment