- There is something powerful and important about praying vocally. :)
- True and lasting happiness only comes through the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- It seemed especially appropriate and helpful and meaningful to me today that we studied John 15 and 16 in Sunday School today and talked about the companionship of the Holy Ghost. I am very grateful for the Holy Ghost and the roles it plays as Comforter and Companion.
- We talked about the ten virgins in Relief Society. We were talking about what we need to do to fill our lamps and prepare extra oil. We were making a list of lots of interesting things and pointing out the importance of consistency, etc. but the point I loved the best was the reminder of Mary and Martha and the importance of really spending time with the Savior and knowing Him and focusing or worrying as much about the list! :)
- I was reading Sister Beck's talk from Women's Conference at BYU in May. She was talking about the history of Relief Society and a few things that she said really struck me as important in understanding who we are as sisters and daughters of God, and specifically who I am! :) She seemed to articulate well the broader ideas I have been thinking/praying about lately, “Am I aligned with the Lord’s vision of me and what He needs me to become?” This is a personal responsibility we each have to find out for ourselves and then she goes on to explain the purpose of the Relief Society organization. "We have an organization because we have a purpose. And when we have a purpose, there is an expected work and outcome. Relief Society isn’t just a feel-good, get-together, let’s-enjoy-each-other, do-anything-anytime-anyplace-for-any-reason” organization. This is part of the Lord’s work....The purposes of the Relief Society (to increase faith and personal righteousness, strengthen families and homes, and help those in need) have been determined by the Lord, the outcome is that “we will improve women individually and as a whole.” We’re not about causes or advocacy groups. We have an advocate. The Savior Jesus Christ is our Advocate with the Father, and we stand by Him, doing His great work for His great cause. I’m just beginning to have a glimpse of what the Lord has in mind for His daughters. The vision that comes to me sometimes is so glorious and staggering and humbling and thrilling that it is difficult to contemplate. It’s part of the vision of Daniel and the stone rolling forward to bless the whole earth. The Lord expects and requires His daughters to be involved.”
- I was also thinking about part of a talk from the Spring 1999 BYU Magazine, They That Wait Upon the Lord referring to the scripture in Isaiah 40 and 41: "But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint....Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness. . . ."
- Elder Oaks gave a neat talk fireside talk in 1992, Our Strengths Can Become our Downfall. He gives many clear warnings about some things that can seem very good, but need to be kept in balance. Great talk!
- Be humble! Beware of pride.
- I am grateful for....freedom, a warm and safe home, time to rest and think and study and pray, a peaceful country, opportunities.
- I need to learn Chinese!
I know these are a little random and unrelated, but I'm grateful for direction for the Lord. I know that He knows us and loves us each individually! :)
1 comment:
You totally should learn Chinese! It's the greatest language.
Post a Comment