Monday, August 6, 2012

I BELIEVE....

I've created a new label on my blog:  "I BELIEVE."  I hope to record some of my deepest beliefs and will start organizing them this way to find again when I need a reminder.  :)

I have been trying to find myself lately.....I have been pondering who I am and what I believe and what's really important to me.  The first thing I thought of was LOVE (thus my recent post).  Shortly after I finished this post a list of other principles that I believe in flowed to mind and I feel like I need to record my feelings on each of these principles.  I will begin in no particular order, but as I have time I hope to record my testimony and feelings and experiences and insights relating to these principles and I'm sure inspiration for other important principles and beliefs will come as I learn and continue to add to the list.

For now, here is my list (with more to come)....I BELIEVE in prayer, miracles, God, love, repentance, Christ, covenants, heaven, marriage, family, service, the Holy Ghost, resurrection, eternal life, priesthood power and authority, prophets, revelation, obedience, righteousness, agency, freedom, sacrifice, accountability, good, eternity, progression, integrity, opposition, learning, keeping the commandments, standing up for what's right, virtue, divine nature, faith, authenticity and being real, dreams, adventure, hard work, traveling, being proactive, exercise, reading and studying, giving and sharing.....

Mark records when Jairus, a leader of the synagogue, comes to Jesus heartbroken because his daughter is near death and he asks that Jesus come and heal her.  As he is making his way there someone else comes to say that she has died and "as soon as Jesus heard the word that was spoken, he saith unto the ruler of the synagogue, Be not afraid, only believe (Mark 5:36)."  I think that is what the Savior says to each of us.  BE NOT AFRAID, ONLY BELIEVE!  :)

2 comments:

joyce said...

Oh Heather....You inspire me! Thanks for your wonderful example! xoxo

Megan Morgan said...

What Joyce said... such a great example to us all, Heather! Love you. :)