Pretty much my whole life the reminder I heard over and over and over again (especially from my dad) was "release your brakes." :) It's hard to let go, to not worry, to "not think too much"....especially if you're a responsible, independent type. Most of the stress and pressure in my life pretty much comes from me over-analyzing, worrying about things that I can't control or things that won't ever happen the way I'm worrying they might. :)
One of my favorite scriptures has always been Proverbs 3:5-6, "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." I believe that, but probably need to practice trusting and acknowledging completely and not leaning on anything I know or don't know. :)
Today I really tried to focus on that and it made a big difference. TRUST! Our Heavenly Father cares about us and what we're doing and will lead us....and He needs us to trust in Him so that we don't miss what we should really be doing or how we should be doing it.
The First Presidency message from President Monson in this month's Ensign, The Savior's Call to Serve, is so neat and is making a very similar point. As a part of this message President Ezra Taft Benson said, "[The Lord] will not permit us to fail if we do our part. He will magnify us even beyond our own talents and abilities....It is one of the sweetest experiences that can come to a human being." :)
When you're feeling inadequate, overwhelmed, confused, frustrated, stuck, DONE, stressed.....stop thinking, turn to Him and TRUST! :)
2 comments:
We all need to read this everyday. Some days multiple times! ;)
I just saw someone posted on Facebook: "Don't get discouraged. Things will work out." -Pres. Hinckley
It sounds like him :)
Good advice!
Post a Comment