I've been thinking a lot about champions, heroes, dreams, ambition, passion, vision, and determination lately. Probably we all have. It's exciting to watch people work hard and reach their dreams. It's fun to see people cheer for each other. It's hard to not get emotional watching the accomplishment and heartache. (I can't find any good clips to share....you kind of have to be there in the moment, you know? And we each probably have a different moment that speaks to us and our passions and dreams.) :)
At the same time I'm trying to figure out what the healthy amount of pressure might be in these situations and life in general. :) It's good to push ourselves and strive for the very best, but we can't be too hard on ourselves. We need to keep things in perspective and remember that the people and relationships along the way and chances to learn and progress are the most important. ("I'm sorry that you're stressed....Don't do too much thinking.") :)
I'm inspired watching others work towards and accomplish their dreams (Michael Phelps-19 Olympic medals (with a few more events to go)!!!, Missy Franklin, the Fabulous Five)! But you don't have to be an Olympian to be a hero! Here are a few other heroes I've thought about lately: Jon Blunk, Alex Teves, and Matt McQuinn, my AMAZING dad who is currently (day 5) chasing his dream of riding his bike across the USA (and my wonderful mom who's supporting him all along the way), social entrepreneurs and like-minded folks (<-- GREAT article!!!), talented musicians (this video and music is SO cool!), those sharing their faith, and leaders who give their all -- Captain Moroni is one I'm currently reading about and some others in the modern day that I'm getting to know. :)
For a moment as I was watching history and dreams being fulfilled at the Aquatic Center in London, I wondered....why didn't I spend my life really swimming to be that good? What have I been doing with my time? Why didn't I spend more time practicing my flute? :) But, we can all be champions, heroes, dreamers. There's something for each of us to accomplish. Michael Phelps (talking about one of his heroes, Michael Jordan), said, "That's what champions do....You're there to take care of the job you have to do." To me that says, be the best you! :) Work hard. Learn what you're here to do and do it well. :) I think I'm still on the path of figuring out what I'm here to do, but there have been some great learning opportunities along the way and many fun things to do on the side.
I'm grateful and inspired watching others do good and I'm more determined to discover and work for my dreams.....and work towards being a champion or hero. What are your dreams? What do you want to accomplish? :) Who are the champions and heroes that inspire you?
No comments:
Post a Comment