Thursday, May 16, 2013

Meek and Gentle

Tonight I was inspired by a humble, tender, gentle, quiet example.  Someone I observed that I don't know, didn't talk to and may not see again.  I'm sure this person has no idea they were an example to me or gave me hope, but I'm grateful.

This example led me to more studying and pondering about meekness:

"....Meekness is more than self-restraint; it is the presentation of self in a posture of kindness and gentleness, reflecting certitude, strength, serenity, and a healthy self-esteem and self-control...."Meekness is one of those attributes acquired only by experience...."The meek are filled with awe and wonder with regard to God and His purposes in the universe...."Meekness also cultivates in us a generosity in viewing the mistakes and imperfections of others...."Meekness does not mean tentativeness. But thoughtfulness...."Among the meek there is usually more listening and less talking...."The meek use power and authority properly, no doubt because their gentleness and meekness reflect a love unfeigned, a genuine caring...."Meekness rests on trust and courage.  It is reflected in Nephi's meek acceptance of an assignment, saying, 'I will go and do...' (1 Ne. 3:7) without knowing beforehand all the implications of what he was undertaking...."
....and reminded me of this song - Living in the Moment ....random, I know.  :)

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Catchy song.... ;)