Thursday, May 2, 2013

National Day of Prayer

Lots to pray about today - grateful for a sister, blessings for a brother and grandfather, strength to continue, grateful for chances to learn and try again. I'm grateful for prayer. I know God listens and answers.  


"When I was a little child, my parents taught me by example to pray. I began with a picture in my mind of Heavenly Father being far away. As I have matured, my experience with prayer has changed.. The picture in my mind has become one of a Heavenly Father who is close by, who is bathed in a bright light, and who knows me perfectly." - President Henry B. Eyring, "Exhort Them to Pray," Ensign Feb. 2012

"In reality, there aren’t very many things in a day that are totally without significance. Even the mundane and repetitious can be tiny but significant building blocks that in time establish the discipline and character and order needed to realize our plans and dreams. Therefore, as you ask in prayer for your daily bread, consider thoughtfully your needs—both what you may lack and what you must protect against. As you retire to bed, think about the successes and failures of the day and what will make the next day a little better. And thank your Heavenly Father for the manna He has placed along your path that sustained you through the day. Your reflections will increase your faith in Him as you see His hand helping you to endure some things and to change others. You will be able to rejoice in one more day, one more step toward eternal life." - Elder D. Todd Christofferson, Give Us This Day Our Daily Bread, Jan. 2011

No comments: