I'm very practical and I try to keep life simple. I usually think that my presence at an event doesn't mean much, but I recently read an NPR article entitled Always Go To The Funeral. This article, along with other things I've seen and thought about lately have helped me realize the importance of connecting with and celebrating with and mourning with others.
I haven't always done this well, but I think it's important to go to the funeral, go to the reception, go to the shower, send gifts, be sure to send thank you notes and other kinds of letters when you feel like you should....don't assume that someone knows what they mean to you! Be there! I was touched by my Grandpa's sweet friends who recently came to his viewing and funeral or wrote notes to the family - people that he home taught for years, travel companions, handball partners, and barbers. It's a blessing to understand how we have and how we can bless others lives and these are opportunities to share that love.
I think that a good life philosophy is to be there! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment