Friday, February 14, 2014

Accepting Love

Have you seen this video?  :)  It's cute.  You should watch it.  :)  It will make you smile.



Watching this video made me think about the importance of ACCEPTING love.  Obviously this is kind of an extreme situation and the shy, introverted types might wonder how to respond to a group of strangers singing and distributing flowers, but isn't it sweet?!  These guys just wanted to make someone smile and share a bit of happiness and fun.

It takes humility to accept love sometimes.  One of my first memories of Valentine's Day was in first grade.  Probably the same week I got sick in class after carefully licking all of the envelopes for my classmates' valentines, I was mortified when the two boys that sat next to me were trying to leave a flower for me in my desk.  I was so embarrassed!  Me and my first grade mentality didn't know how to accept love or friendship from them.  I think I threw the flower right in the garbage.  :)  Oops!  Maybe I'm still trying to learn this lesson....but I was grateful for this reminder today about the opportunities to share and receive love.

I was also inspired by the sweet reminder of God's love that is constant in our life - God's Love Is Closer Than You Think.  As President Monson taught, "God's love is there for you whether or not you feel you deserve it.  It is simply always there."  I know that our Heavenly Father loves us ALWAYS, but I think that the love we feel from Him can be even more powerful when we work to recognize and accept it.  So, how do you feel God's love?  As we recognize that someone is reaching out to us in love we can more fully receive that love in gratitude and then in turn, as we are filled with love, we can pass it on.  That sounds like a pretty good place to live - and you never know, someone might pop out of nowhere and hand you some flowers and start singing.  :)

Here are a few other cute Valentine's Day articles and videos to celebrate:

No comments: