Saturday, February 15, 2014

Acknowledged of God

Over a year ago someone mentioned something in church that I have continued to think about quite a bit since.  I don't always pay much attention to the acknowledgement page in books that I read, but I have more closely over the last year because of this comment.  The sister teaching talked about how she had been reading a book recently and noticed that another sister in the congregation was mentioned in the acknowledgement page of this book (and knowing the sweet ladies in our ward I know it had to be a pretty special book she was referencing).

She then related that she knew we were each acknowledged of the Lord - He knows us and the contributions we make in the lives of those around us.  I was touched by this thought and think about it every time I look at the acknowledgement page of a new book.  I'm grateful for that reminder.  God loves us and the good that we do.  We would do well to strive to see ourselves and others the way He does - loving Him, loving ourselves, and loving others.  We should discover our talents and share them with purpose and love.


No comments: