Sunday, February 23, 2014

Eye Single to the Glory of God

Today I was inspired by three wonderful talks that I highly recommend:
They all focus on one main theme of having an eye single to the glory of God!  I think all (yep, all) of the problems of the world would be solved if we each had our eye single to the glory of God.  We would care more about His will for us and do all we could to accomplish that than worrying about our own priorities or desires.  This would bring unity and holiness and happiness to our lives and our world.

President Thomas S. Monson taught: “Let us have the courage to defy the consensus, the courage to stand for principle. Courage, not compromise, brings the smile of God’s approval. Courage becomes a living and an attractive virtue when it is regarded not only as a willingness to die manfully, but as the determination to live decently. A moral coward is one who is afraid to do what he thinks is right because others will disapprove or laugh. Remember that all men have their fears, but those who face their fears with dignity have courage as well.”

I am grateful for these timely, direct, and important reminders.  I want to live these principles better in my life.

No comments: