This year I LOVE living so close to one of the most amazing Christmas light displays in the world! I've enjoyed the lights nearly every single night for a week and we still have a month til New Years! :) I've watched people work hard for months to get the lights just right for the season and this morning as I was walking to work I was thinking about why they work so hard to do this and why the Church goes to the effort to make this so beautiful.
Last week I attended BYU folk dance team's presentation of World of Dance. It's always a wonderful performance, but this year I was particularly touched by the theme of light! The light shared in song and dance from countries around the world all in celebration of the birth of the Son of God! Wonderful! It made me want to sing and dance and look for the light.
We also think of the star that lit the sky and showed the way to the baby, Jesus. One of my favorite parts of the nativity presentation on Temple Square is how it begins and ends with a spotlight into heaven representing the star shining down....pointing us to heaven and reminding us of the testimony from heaven of His birth and life.
Why are lights so important? They are the perfect symbol of Christmas and Christ. The purpose and mission of the Church of Jesus Christ is to bring souls to Christ. Jesus Christ is the light of the world. He is the light that we shine and hold up and share. It's His light that brings hope, life, guidance, direction, peace.
I'm grateful for His light in my life:






No comments:
Post a Comment