While listening to a high school choir at lunch today I had a sweet reminder of the the power that music has to immediately unite people, bringing a particular spirit and feeling to the hearts of those singing and listening. As this group of students sang together with one voice I couldn't help but think how different they each were, but that they came together in music and their message and joy in Christ. I was also connected to the peace and spirit their music brought. I love music! I'm grateful for it in my life, especially music that testifies of Christ! I'm grateful for how it brings us together and nearer to Him.
Here are just a few words and songs I've loved so far this season....
- Hark! The Herald Angels Sing Glory to the newborn King!
- Joy to the World. Saints and angels sing. Repeat the sounding joy.
- Angels we Have Heard on High. Sweetly singing o'er the plains...Glo-ria!
- Silent Night. Heavenly hosts sing Alleluia.
- Heav'nly music floats o'er all the weary world.
- Praises sing to God the King.
- Hosanna to his name.
- Sweet are these strains of redeeming love, message of mercy from heaven above - glory to God!
- O Come, Emmanuel
- Christmas Song (another cute Hallmark movie....all about music bringing people together)
I'm grateful to sing and listen to praises sung to Him. It helps me remember and feel His love.
No comments:
Post a Comment