Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Shepherds

I love the shepherds....12 years ago today I left to be a full-time shepherd in Pusan, Korea.  I still remember and love a talk I heard at an MTC Devotional right before I left, right before Christmas, about missionaries being the shepherds.  They saw the angels, they went to see Christ and then they went forth to make known what they had seen.

We can all be shepherds as we witness and testify of His life and love in our lives.  The world needs shepherds now probably more than ever....those with faith to listen and hear and follow and then not be afraid to share and make know abroad the good news!  (See Luke 2:8-20.)

We must follow Christ, who is The Good Shepherd.  He gives His life for the sheep.  He knows us.  He cares for each of us, even and especially the one that might be lost.  He leads us.  He feeds us.  He will find us and gather us and carry us.  He will prepare a place for us.  (See John 10:1-18, Isaiah 40:11, Ezekiel 34:11-15Luke 15:4-7.)

No comments: