Monday, December 24, 2012

simplicity and stillness

With all the hustle and bustle and busy-ness of the season I was reminded of the beautiful and pure and SIMPLE joy of what it's all about....I think in some ways the tendency to become over-scheduled or burdened during the holidays is a perfect reminder of the importance of simplicity and focus.  That's probably easy for me to say when my life is pretty simple these days, but I find great joy in simplicity and know that there is peace in being still and knowing that God lives and loves us!  :)

"And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.  For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, which is Christ the Lord.  And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger (Luke 2:10-12)."

"Lift up your head and be of good cheer; for behold, the time is at hand, and on this night shall the sign be given, and on the morrow come I into the world, to show unto the world that I will fulfill all that which I have caused to be spoke by the mouth of my holy prophets (3 Nephi 1:13)."

No comments: