Monday, December 31, 2012

2012

2012 was a different year than I would have planned 366 days ago, but it's been fun.  I learned a lot and have a lot more to learn and do....

I'm inspired by the 
goals I set for myself for 2012, but have to report that most of those things need to go on the list again in 2013 since I failed pretty miserably....I did use my passport to cross the border to Canada for a couple of days, I started to create a home, and instead of Chinese or engineering I'm almost done with my Certified Travel Counselor certification.  :)

Here are a few other highlights of 2012....

  • Collaborated with coaches, participants, administrators, co-workers to redesign a leadership training program for the Department of Education.
  • Enjoyed a trip to the outer banks of North Carolina with some friends.
  • Moved across the country - I-40 in February (over 2600 miles in 55 hours).
  • Had 3 jobs. :) - I'm definitely still in the trying-to-figure-out-what-to-do-with-my-life phase.  :)  ...from Washington DC nonprofit/government work to international travel agent for LDS Church employees to executive secretary to two extraordinary leaders - an accomplished retired general and a German businessman/religious educator.
  • Settled in to my own apartment and started to build a home.
  • Learned a lot about myself, DC, government, collaboration, our beautiful country, departments of the Church, many airports and cities of the world, Church government, and Salt Lake.
  • Reconnected with some old friends....and have been inspired by new examples.
  • Enjoyed downtown Salt Lake City in every season - City Creek, Temple Square, concerts in the park, library, Gateway, Gallivan Center.
  • Enjoyed a lot more time with family – especially my niece and nephews!  :) 
  • Ran a 10K with my dad and brother to celebrate July 24th - from one grandparents' house to the other.
  • Explored my new "home" – St. George, UT.
  • Visited Kirtland, OH, Niagara Falls, Canada and Buffalo, NY over Labor Day weekend to meet up with my parents on the Morgan Miles bike ride across the country.
  • Went to Disneyland with my brother and sister and their families.
  • Went to General Conference.
  • Listened to a lot of debates and was excited about an election....only to be let down.
  • Spent Thanksgiving with the whole family in St. George.  Highlight!  So fun to be all together!!
  • Read a lot!  :)
  • Went to the temple every week (even easier to do in a place with 7 temples within an hour's drive, and cleaning schedules that conveniently don't overlap much).
  • Listened to my niece be the announcer for the countdown to 2013....using a car keys as her microphone (and then the heater went out).  :)









No comments: